Saturday, July 28, 2007

Monarch Caterpillars



Dean and I were just at Steffani's house because her kids found a monarch caterpillar sitting on some milkweed in their yard. I've been wanting some ever since Michael preached about monarch butterflies last year and brought in some for "show-and-tell".

So, we harvested some milkweed from their yard. We didn't even know what milkweed looked like. We've had some before, but I didn't recognize it, and I've been pulling it out of the garden and throwing it away. We also took the little tiny caterpillar and I just finished potting the milkweed and introducing the caterpillar to its new home. Here's a couple of pictures. The caterpillar is so tiny, you can't see it in the first picture. Right now it is about as long as my pinky finger nail, and about as thick as a toothpick.

No comments: