Monday, November 12, 2007

Televangelists Redux

So Creflo Dollar has released some of his church's financial records. They show that his church at just one of his locations took in $69 million just last year. Wow! The church owns a lear jet and gave Creflo Dollar a Rolls Royce. (For perspective, our church takes in 0.13% of that figure).

Creflo is quoted as saying, "without a doubt, my life is not average," Dollar said. "But I'd like to say, just because it is excessive doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong."

"The issue is, what route did you use to get that excess?" he said.

His route was money that he earned, Dollar said.

"When I want a nice car, I use my own money to get the nice car and not the money of the church," Dollar said.


Another article says that the church no longer gives Creflo a salary because he already earns millions of dollars on his books (which apparently he and the church considers to be private work and income unrelated to his church).

No comments: