Tuesday, September 11, 2007

D.C. - Day 9 - Colonial Williamsburg Part Deux

Last night we stayed at the Governor's Inn (one of the official hotels of Colonial Williamsburg), then in the morning went into town to visit the shops. Tons and tons of shops. I really wasn't feeling good today. I woke up with a headache and a stomach ache, so I really wasn't very good company for Dean whilst shopping. We got just a few little trinkets - magnet, photo book, bookmark, some 18th-century style playing cards and some Virginia extra-large peanuts (peanut soup apparently was a delicacy of the 18th century and still today Virginia is known for its peanuts...I can't handle the idea of peanut soup, but I can eat roasted peanuts till I puke from salt poisoning).

After a couple of hours, we had lunch at Huzzah's![tm]. Service was slow at the beginning, but the food was pretty good. After lunch I was just too beat and worn down to do anything else. We did miss seeing some things -- we didn't go to any of the museums, the capitol, or watch any of today's open air performances nor stayed for any evening ticketed performances. Dean could have stayed, but I had my fill, especially since I wasn't feeling good.

A long 2.5 hour drive later we've arrived at the hotel in Falls Church and I'm ready to collapse. No pictures to post today. Too tired. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: