Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lawrence Public Library Book Sale

This morning, Dean and I went to the Lawrence Public Library Fall Book Sale. Lots of books ranging from 30c to $2 were there. It's set up under a big tent next to the library, with another basement-type area with overflow books.

We got several Agatha Christie Poirot books, and I got a couple of good religious books: a good devotional for Lent and an anthology of Thomas Merton's writings.

It takes a certain effort to make it through all the trash, and there was a surprising high number of good quality books that I already had (and now wish I hadn't paid full price for!). There was a huge number of good classics too, especially Dostoyevski.

After a while, the number of people made it a bit claustrophobic, so we left, having purchased 11 books for about $7. After we finish reading them, I imagine a lot of these will go back to the library to be sold again!

No comments: