Sunday, December 07, 2008

CA Trip - Day 4 - Disneyland

I finally got my pictures from Disneyland put up. Disneyland was awesome. Perfect weather. Not too crowded. But definitely much more crowded than SeaWorld was. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride seemed to be the one that was the most "ornate" in terms of animatronics and so-forth.

But my two favorite rides were the Haunted Mansion, which was done up for Christmas (according to Tim Burton's A Nightmare Before Christmas) and the Winnie the Pooh Ride.

We didn't see very many characters out and about. No Mickey, Minny, Goofy, or Donald. Maybe they come out later in the day. We spent all day there, but we left before sundown and so we missed the fireworks.

The only thing I didn't like was the cost of the food. It was OUTRAGEOUS. A turkey sandwich with a tiny side of baked beans (about 1/2 oz) and a personal size pizza cost $40. Ouch!!

I wasn't able to take too many pictures just because the situations I was in didn't allow it (the rides just go too fast to be able to snap pictures). But I tried on a few occasions and got a couple of decent shots.

I found a video on YouTube about the Haunted Mansion. It's really worth a watch.

No comments: