Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ho hum (tm)


A pretty ordinary day today. Got crabby at work because I deployed an update to the corporate website that brought the site down for a couple of minutes after hours (as it always does). Coincidentally, another group working on a separate problem was using my website as a passthru to their system. When my site went down for those 2 minutes, they freaked. So I "got in trouble" for not informing them of the deployment (which is not in my procedure to do anyway, but now I have to). So, now I have to add 4 more people to the list of 6 groups that I already notify when I deploy an update. And I can almost guarantee that the next time I deploy, one of those 4 people will write back to me asking why I'm telling them.

In other news, Dean and I had a yummy dinner that we made together--Guava and Rosemary glazed chicken with saffron and currant rice.

And I am STILL procrastinating from working on Souljourners. I am at least 3 papers and 2 books behind now. I am just not motivated right now to work on it.

No comments: