Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Soul Care: The Gift of the Word-Made-Flesh


So I just got back from presenting the latest Soul Care retreat at church. This week's theme was The Gift of the Word-Made-Flesh. I began with the blessing Beannacht by John O'Donohue. Then I showed the short film Ousmane. After a brief discussion of people's reactions to the film, we ended with an adaptation of a litany of the Word Made Flesh by Joyce Rupp.

There were more people this week than last week, even though a couple of people from last week could not be there this time.

I think it went reasonably well, but there was something missing. I'm really not sure what that something was.

The second session had no attendees, so I left early. It didn't have attendees because the people who were in it last week were in their prior meeting 20 minutes longer than usual.

Next week will be the Gift of Story.

No comments: