Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Sick

Have not been feeling good today. It started after lunch. I originally thought that my lunch made me sick, but I realized later that it was my kidney acting up. Late in the afternoon I was really feeling awful.

I took some meds (antibiotics and vicodin for the pain) and I feel a whole lot better. I spent a bunch of time watching some short films from Spiritual Cinema and reading I Am Legend. The two shorts I watched were Ousmane and The Elephant's Egg.

Ousmane is a story about an illiterate African orphan who goes around town blessing people in exchange for alms. At the end, all the money he gets from alms he gives to a man to type a letter to Santa Claus asking for blessings on the people who gave him money. It's a very cool short. I can't find Ousmane online, but here's The Elephant's Egg, a very surreal film about a man's pursuit of love.

No comments: