Thursday, August 16, 2007

tenosynovitis


I went to the doctor again this morning for a follow-up to my tenosynovitis. I reported that it felt about 50% better, but that it is not yet back to normal. He recommended that I have a second steroid shot, and I accepted that recommendation. This one hurt more than the last. It's also the last steroid shot that I can get. According to the doc, the steroid not only reduces the inflammation, it also weakens the tendon, and any further steroids risks breaking the tendon, which would be a far worse problem than what I have now.

I don't have any further follow-up appointments. Basically this is either going to work, or I will have to have surgery. So the doctor basically said that if he doesn't hear from me, he'll assume it works, and if he does hear from me, it will be because I choose surgery. I'm very unlikely to choose surgery for reasons I explained before. So, I'll just keep this brace on and see how things go.

No comments: