Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Fox News Takes Facts "Under Advisement"


This is just too funny. From HuffPo:

I've [Paul Begala] been dealing with the media and politics for 25 years, but I've never had a more surrealistic day than January 8. Several times that day Fox News reported that I was joining Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign. It was a big story - at least until the stunning election returns.

The only problem was, it wasn't true.

After I told Fox it wasn't true -- and this is the surreal part -- they kept reporting it anyway. In fact, Fox's Garrett told me he'd "take it under advisement." Take it under advisement? I realize I'm generally seen as just another liberal with an opinion, but this was not a matter of opinion, it was a matter of fact. Fox now knew their story was flatly, factually wrong, and they took it "under advisement. My worry is that if this is what one of Fox's best and most respected reporters is doing, what are the hacks up to?"


You have GOT to go to the link and scroll to the bottom where Paul Begala has an email exchange with the reporter. Here is Paul Begala flat-out telling the reporter that he dead f-ing wrong, and the reporter saying, "but I have a great source."

No comments: