Monday, January 07, 2008

King of the Hill - Church Hopping

When a new family sits in the Hill's pew at First Methodist of Arlen, they suggest to the Rev. Strupe that there be assigned seating. When she tells Hank to "get over it," they get offended and decide to go church hopping.




Some choice quotes from this episode:

Lucky: Me, I don't got to church - church goes with me. I'm worshippin' when I'm drinkin' a beer, diggin' a hole, or fishin' for trout.
Luanne: That's beautiful, Lucky!
Hank: Luanne, I happen to *know* it's asinine!

Reverend Neally: Thank you, Peggy, you are a gift straight from heaven!
Peggy: I really am. You know, Reverend Strupe never got that.

Dale: I'll be honest with you, Hank, you leaving Arlen First Methodist is the best thing that ever happened to me. Strupe is so desperate to keep members from jumping ship, she turned the last two pews into a smoking section!
Bill: Yeah, who knows how far she'll go to keep us! When I hugged her after the service, I lingered a little and I was not rebuffed!

My favorite moment: Peggy becomes the mega-church pastor's self-proclaimed assistant. When the pastor gets an emergency call from a parishioner, the pastor says that this is a very private and personal call and nods towards the door. Peggy says, "oh yes, of course!" closes the door (with her still inside), then boldly picks up the extension line next to the pastor to listen in and offer her advice.

No comments: