Sunday, January 13, 2008

How To Prepare??

Somehow I need to prepare for a big letdown. I think there's a good chance that McCain will win the Republican nomination, and if he does, he stands about a 50% chance of winning the presidency. I can't hardly believe I'm saying that, but I think it's true. It means that 50% of the country is still living in some alternate universe that I don't comprehend.

And if McCain, or any Republican, wins, I will be devastated. I'm sure I will find a way to live (I managed to after 2004), but it will hurt worse than ever. I hate fearing the future. I wish I could stay in the present. But the chance of 4 more years of everything going wrong -- of more war and torture and economic bamboozlement and corruption and hating brown people, women and gays is really disheartening.

No comments: