Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Kansas Caucus

I did not go caucus last night. I just wasn't feeling well. So I stayed home. If it were as simple as going to the local library and casting a quick vote, I would have done it anyway. But I just didn't have it in me to trek over to Lawrence in the bad weather and caucus for a couple of hours in a huge crowd of people. So I didn't.

Luckily for me, Obama won handily (which is who I would have voted for). By something like 72%. It seems to me that Obama/Clinton votes are basically going to whoever a person internally identifies with the most-- women with women, blacks with blacks, younger for Obama, older for Clinton, and white middle-aged males pretty evenly split. Latinos seem to be slightly more for Clinton (which is interesting because Latino is technically an ethnicity, not a race).

No comments: