Thursday, February 07, 2008

Mitt ends campaign

That was surprising to me. I know he didn't do really well on Tuesday, but didn't expect him to quit. I suspect it is for financial reasons. He hasn't even tried to raise very much money, and I guess he decided that he's not going to be the next president, and that this was turning out to be too expensive of a game for him to play with his own cash. Probably smart.

There's no way that Huckabee will win, so this just decided the Republican nominee. McCain was almost inconceivable this summer. Funny how a few months changes things.

I think that McCain is the strongest contender for any Democrat. Against Romney, I think that a Democrat president was assured. Against McCain, I think it's back to 50-50 against either Clinton or Obama. I still think that it will probably be Clinton--an "Insider vs. Insider" campaign. "Change" is a red herring. People don't want change. They want stability.

No comments: